Type-R & Type-T Rebreathers
Type-R: Recreational Rebreather
Introduced in August 2013 – Blue Ocean Tec is one of the very FIRST to become a PADI TecRec Centre offering rebreather training using the innovative HOLLIS EXPLORER Re-Breather units….This new technology will change the way we view diving long term- and we are at the cutting edge of product launch and training introduction : get in early to try out the way forward….
The Hollis Explorer is a true recreational Rebreather. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit Rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. Its compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use. The Explorer is unique in using a single gas: Nitrox – and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with “GO” or “NO GO”, with CO2 tracking, and 2 hour design duration make this a dream for any recreational diver. The Explorer diver will benefit from breathing warm gas, have lots of bottom time, and since it does not produce any invasive bubbles, see more sea life than ever before.
- Nitrox Electronically Controlled Hybrid – uses readily available Nitrox in 32-40%
- Simple user interface is easy to learn and easy to dive
- Automated Pre-dive Setup assures the Explorer is prepared for the dive
- Automated Breathing Loop control gives minimal bubbling and hydrostatically controlled buoyancy for stability & control
- Bail-out mouthpiece gives a quick one handed operation from closed circuit to open circuit
- Eyeline Heads-Up Display with [Green : OK] – [Blue : Check System] – [Red : Bail Out]
- Simple Green or Red primary wrist computer display
- Wrist Computer shows Depth, Dive Run-Time and remaining time allowed based on the most limited dive control parameter.
PADI REBREATHER & ADVANCED REBREATHER DIVER
This combined course covers both certifications using the Explorer to 18m and also to 40m* with an off-board bailout cylinder. At Blue Ocean TEC, this program involves 4 days of intensive training, covering all aspects of diving this unit to its full advantage…
[ *30m for PADI Advanced Divers : 40m if students have Deep Specialty qualification – or equivalent ]
PADI Rebreather Diver Crewpack including Manual & DVD required pre-study [10 hours]
DAY 1 : classroom theory & practical applications leading to pool dives
DAY 2 : 3 Open Water dives in local lakes in Kent
DAY 3 & 4 : 3 more Open Water dives each day at either Stoney Cove or Chepstow NDAC
This extensive program gives Two pool dives and 9 open Water dives providing more dive time and experience with using this revolutionary dive technology… and a whole lot more FUN !
TYPE-T : Technical Rebreather
Serious about your toys ??? From March 2014 – we will be offering training on the Hollis Prism2 CCR “Technical” rebreather….
For those that have topped-out on open circuit diving (where the Trimix Gas bills are frightening) – this is the pinnacle (or abyss) of diving technology.
Essentailly the Big-Brother” of the HOLLIS EXPLORER unit – this is designed for the extreme Full-Tec diver.
The Prism2 is a fully closed circuit Rebreather, ideal for exploring open ocean, cave, or wrecks. This unit can be electronically or manually controlled which means you choose how you want the loop PPo2 maintained. includes shoulder mounted counter lungs and rear mounted radial scrubber which provide easy breathing with low resistive effort and low hydrostatic loading. The standard kit includes an electronic secondary control and primary LED displays with a backplate/wing assembly that provides a complete kit ready to dive out of the box. Unit can also be purchased with or without tanks/valves.
- Electronic CCR (Closed Circuit Rebreather)
- Sealed electronics
- Radial scrubber design provides lower resistive breathing effort and more efficient scrubber use ( 4 hours 20 mins dive time )
- Primary HDD (Heads-Down Display) is a battery driven sequential LED for continuous hands-free monitoring of pp02
- Over the shoulder counterlungs for decreased work of breathing
- O2 supply lines and solenoid are external from the breathing loop – removing the risk of O2 spikes due to O2 connection leaks. O2 is safely vented into the surrounding water column.
- Pre-dive user selectable PO2 setpoints
- Standard Diluent and O2 bottle size: 2L – 3L or 5L.
- Electronics and the battery are housed on their own outside of the breathing loop
- 40 hour battery life (in 70F water temp) with standard 9V alkaline battery
- Purge drains at the base of each counterlung
- Waterproof magnetic slide on/off switch used for reliability
- 3 redundant O2 sensors for reliable O2 management
PADI Tec 40 CCR
Introducing comprehensive skills for diving to 40m for extended dive time with decompression procedures with the CCR unit and off-board bailout cylinder.
This 6 day program is spread across class & practical application, with 8 “big” dives starting in the pool then progressing to local lakes, as well as Stoney Cove and/or Chepstow NDAC. Of course the program is available on Red Sea trips too by special arrangement.
PADI Tec 60 CCR
Building on the Tec 40 CCR program, after gaining necessary diving experience, the 60m program opens doors to much Deeper & Longer dives using Normoxic Trimix to manage Narcosis and Oxygen exposure – with multiple bailout cylinders.
This is serious stuff : an exciting and challenging learning curve over 5 days with 7 “BIG” dives…