The Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather is an electronically or manually controlled, constant PO2, modular, closed circuit diving system.
As open circuit (SCUBA) divers we rely upon filling our lungs with air from a pressurized gas tank with every inhalation and then exhausting that volume of air into the surrounding water with every exhalation. As we descend deeper the water pressure around us increases and the volume required to fill our lungs increases; in other words, our air supply depletes more quickly the deeper we dive.
A rebreather recycles rather than vents the exhaled breath. The exhaled breath passes into a closed loop, where it is pushed through a chemical absorbent (scrubber) to remove the carbon dioxide, and returns through the other side of the loop for the diver to re-breathe, hence the name “closed circuit rebreather” or CCR.
The Hollis PRISM2 is a fully closed circuit ReBreather, ideal for exploring open ocean, cave or wrecks.
This unit can be electronically or manually controlled which means you choose how you want the loop ppO2 maintained.
With shoulder mounted counterlungs (back mount option available), and a rear mounted radial scrubber which provides easy breathing with very low resistive effort and low hydrostatic loading. The standard kit includes Shearwater electronic in-line wrist computer and 12 LED traffic light style Heads-Up-Display. With quality Hollis backplate, harness & wing – the unit is ready to dive straight from the box.
- Electronic CCR
- Sealed unit electronics
- User changeable batteries
- Radial Scrubber : 4 hours 20mins duration
- Over-Shoulder counterlungs : Extremely efficient work of breathing
- Counterlung purge drains for fluid clearance
- Sequential LED HUD for hands free ppO2 monitoring
- All settings adjustable mid-dive on Shearwater electronic wrist computer
- 40 hour battery life with normal usage
- Standard diluent cylinder sizes 2, 3 or 5L
- Air / Trimix / Heliox compatible for Extreme Technical Diving