Ever since you were a kid you’ve always wanted to try it.
Now you can!
Your first step is to come and get wet with us in the pool for your first breath underwater.
Come along and meet us at the Dive Centre!
You can’t miss us! We are the Big blue & white building with a zebra crossing out front, by the entrance to Maidstone Leisure Centre Car Park.
Come and enjoy a quick and easy experience of what it’s like to blow bubbles underwater.
Please remember that you do have to book a space. Call 01622 212 022 to reserve your place or book online.
You do need to be in good health to join in the fun so please check the medical questions at the bottom of the page.
If you want to get your health and fitness on track, we also offer Personal and Group Training sessions here on site and as a mobile training service. Visit Blue Ocean Fitness for more information.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving
- Is held every Tuesday and Thursday evening. It gives you a great overview of what it’s like to both learn and enjoy diving – and there are a few laughs too!
- You’re with us from 7.15pm for the brief “talky-teachy” bit in the classroom explaining the safety rules and how to have fun underwater.
- Then we’re at the pool at 9pm for about 20 minutes in the shallow pool (waist deep so you can stand up if you’re not sure about anything we’re doing). We’ll introduce some basic skills that enable you to progress deeper in the dive pool – it’s actually module one of the PADI Open Water course, so you get a good idea of what it’s like to take the course and get qualified.
- When you’re confident, we go to the deep pool for about 30mins and play games to help you experience the thrill of feeling weightless and the sense of freedom you get from three-dimensional movement. This gives you the idea of what it’s like to actually go diving (except we can’t show you stunning corals & pretty fish in Maidstone Leisure Centre pool!).
- You’re in the water for about an hour – with all the equipment you need supplied for an evening’s entertainment. All you need to bring is a swimsuit and a towel.
- This whole show costs only £35 – but if you progress further, you get your money back – so it works out FREE! See *Terms & Conditions below.
How to Book
Book online now at the top of the page.
Alternatively, pop into the Dive Centre, call us on 01622 212022 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All online bookings are provisional and subject to availability.
Payment is to be made by cash or card.
We will contact you by telephone within 48 hours to confirm your booking and process your payment.
*Terms and Conditions:
DSD – Try-Dive “£35 money back offer” applies only to courses booked directly with Blue Ocean Diving – not from any third party booking agent or any form of voucher.
DSD – Try-Dive “£35 money back offer” is made by way of a £35 discount upon enrolment to the full PADI Open Water Diver course within 14 days of completing the DSD Try-Dive.
Check Your Medical Fitness to Dive
Please review the medical conditions listed below. If you have to answer “Yes” to any of these – you may need to see a doctor before participating in SCUBA diving. Please inform us before you book a course.
___ Do you currently have an ear infection ?
___ Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance ?
___ Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery ?
___ Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis ?
___ Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attacks of hayfever or allergies, or lung disease ?
___ Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery ?
___ Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis ?
___ Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about impairment of your physical or mental abilities ?
___ Do you have behavioral health, mental or psychological problems or a nervous disorder ?
___ Are you or could you be pregnant ?
___ Do you have a history of colostomy ?
___ Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery ?
___ Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure ?
___ Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart atack or stroke ?
___ Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders ?
___ Do you have a history of Diabetes ?
___ Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or taker medications to prevent them ?
___ Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery ?
___ Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia/agoraphobia)?
For more information or to book a Try Dive, book online now. Alternatively, call Blue Ocean Diving on 01622 212 022 or email us at: SCUBA@blueoceandiving.co.uk